I caught the travel bug early in life, thanks to some globetrotting adventures with my Dad. One standout trip was visiting Japan and Korea, everything was so new and different — the language, culture, and the food — needless to say I was hooked. That’s when I decided that exploring the world would be a life-long priority.
Some of my favorite destinations like Bali and Italy are always hard to pass up. But I’m all about new adventures and new destinations to explore and experience. I enjoy hiking, biking, and scuba diving, but I also love delving deep into local cultures, wandering around museums or historical sites and looking for cool street art.
Of course I love staying at amazing luxury hotels, but I can be just as happy in a small quirky boutique hotel. Food and wine are always integral to my travel — from hidden gems on food tours to learning regional spices and cooking techniques in cooking classes.
I’m married to my travel partner, Carl, and the hardest part of traveling is missing our Frenchy, Roxy. We recently bought an apartment in Lisbon and are awaiting our Portugal visas. We’re excited to explore Europe from this new home base.
As your travel planner, I would be sharing insights gained from a lifetime of wanderlust… bringing a meticulous approach, a love for unique experiences, and a commitment to crafting journeys that mirror my own adventurous spirit. Whether you’re planning a family holiday or a bucket list journey with friends or just a quick weekend get away, let’s make your next trip unforgettable! 🧳🌍✈️
Favorite Travel Hacks
- Set your clock for the local time of your destination when you get on the plane, try to acclimate before you arrive to minimize jet lag, drink lots of water on the flight, when you arrive, get out and get some exercise, even if it’s just going for a short walk.
- It may sound cheesy and touristy but we love taking the “Hop on Hop off Buses” when we first arrive in a city we aren’t familiar with, it gives you some history of the city and a lay of the land so you can prioritize what you want to see.
- Use AirTags for your checked luggage, always pack enough clothing, medication and cosmetics in your carry on to get you through a few days.
- Learn a few words of the local language.
- Have a travel planner do the legwork and plan the trip for you!
Favorite Travel Quote
“The only trip you will regret is the one you didn’t take”
Areas of Expertise
- Brazil & Argentina
- Australia & New Zealand
- South Africa, Kenya, Botswana, Rwanda
- New Mexico
- Cruises, adventure travel, diving, culinary and wine
- LGBTQ travel
African safaris, Portugal, Bali, Maui, Amalfi Coast and Italy in general, Thailand, Morocco.
Six Senses in Douro Valley, Four Season Bali, Amangiri, Sublime in Comporta, Villa Treville Positano, Mahala Mzuri Kenya, Kasbah Tamadot & El Fen Morocco, Rayavadee Krabi, Qualia Whitsundays, Cruise ships!
Favorite Street Food Experience
Mezze meal in Istanbul, Street food tour in Sicily and Barcelona
Most Memorable Foodie Experience
George V Paris, Single Thread Healdsburg, French Laundry Yountville, Prado Lisbon.
Favorite Travel Experience
Gorilla trekking in Rwanda, Safaris in Botswana & Kenya, Hamam in Marrakech , Joining a tribe in a festival in Papua New Guinea.
Favorite Historical Sites
Volubis in Morocco, Ephesus in Turkey
Bucket List Destinations
India, Vietnam, Cambodia & Antarctica
56 and counting